1. What are cookies and why do we use them on promisol.com
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from said computer.
Cookies allow said website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the user's decisions and habits. At promisol.com we use them to personalize the experience within our websites, identify and remember the registered user and facilitate navigation.
On the Wikipedia page (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookie_(informatics) it is possible to obtain more information about what with cookies and how they work.
2. What kind of cookies do promisol.com websites use?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second expire in function when the objective for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in the webs and services of promisol.com) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on its purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
· Performance Cookies: this type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes:
· Geolocation cookies: these Cookies are used to find out in which country you are when a web or service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
· Registration cookies: Registration cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify you on the web and services with the following objectives:
· Analytics Cookies: Each time a User visits a Web or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore and similar) generates an analytical cookie on the user's device. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the services of promisol.com to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are:
Important: Unless the User decides to register on any promisol.com website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify him. These cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the experience of users on the site.
· Advertising cookies: this type of cookies allow you to expand the information of the ads displayed to each anonymous user in the promisol.com websites. Among others, the duration or frequency of displaying advertising positions, the interaction with them, or the browsing patterns and / or user behaviors are stored, since they help to shape a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
For the advertising management of promisol.com, third-party advertising service tools (Adservers? Http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adserver?) are used. These third parties can store cookies sent from the websites of promisol.com from the browsers of users, as well as access to the data stored therein.
Currently, promisol.com uses Google's Doubleclick platform to manage these services. For more information, go to http://www.google.es/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-doubleclick and http://www.google.es/policies/privacy/ads/.
3. How to disable cookies in the browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure if they wish to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the? Options? or? Preferences? from your browser's menu.
These are the instructions to configure cookies in the main browsers:
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, you can check Google support or browser Help.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
For more information, you can check Mozilla support or browser Help.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Pptions -> Privacy -> Configuration.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can check Apple support or browser Help.